The Bethers Bunch

Saturday, November 6, 2010

School Carnival and Field Trip to Camp Hargis

Cody has been blessed with an amazing teacher for both Kindergarten and 1st Grade.  We have been so happy with his growth over the past 2 years and for his LOVE of learning.  Today he was so excited to finish a chapter book - that my sister Betsy said some of her 4th grade students are reading.  I obviously think that teachers are one of the most influential things in children's lives and I am so grateful that my kiddos sweet teachers dedicate so much of their lives to helping them.  This picture below was taken at the school Fall Festival.  The teachers had a costume competition and Cody's teacher dressed up as Mrs. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus and used some of the kids as her props.  And who do you think won???  Well of course - Mrs. Frizzle!  :)

 This was the climbing tower.  Cody was the 1st person of the whole day that actually made it to the top!  Everyone cheered!  He is so determined and will not give up until he completes something.
Cody had BEGGED me to go on his class fieldtrip and I had no idea how I would be able to work it out because I not only had Elizabeth (who isn't allowed on the field trip) - but I also had to get Brooke to and from pre-school.  My sweet husband was able to work things out so that I could go with Cody and it just made my day.  I had a great time spending the day with him and I LOVED that he was glued to my side.  Every time I was a few feet away - he would run over to me and grab my hand.  I don't want my baby to grow up! Isn't he cute?

 His cute class
What a sweet boy!  

No comments: